Thursday 24 September 2015

Travelling Light

Hello Sharon here with the last Inspiration post for September. I'm just back from a holiday in Normandy France, we had a fantastic time and what a better way of recording those memories than a little journaling.

Heres the Gite that inspired me to sit down and try to and capture the beauty of it. From where I sat I could see a Wisteria cascading down and a Lavender growing in a little gap in the paving.




 The Lavender



My small travelling kit. It consisted of a small Pink Pig plain journalling book which I had previously  covered with chipboard embellishments and painted with Acrylic silks.
My pencil case slimmed down with just my favourite pencils. Journalling pens and stabila pencil and putty rubber. A small tin of Caran Dache Neocolor 11 a few paint brushes. I also included a Artist journaling book for some ideas. Just enough to fit into a small bag, so when there was a few minutes spare after travelling around I could sit and draw a few images and then finish later.


The front of my Travel Journal


Don't forget to pick up any information on places of interest, later I will use some of these to make a Journal page, it also helps you to remember some of the smaller details....


A Dark Room Door stamp I will include later with some info on the Famous Biscuits.


My first page which I sketched and painted at the Gite then added some Stamps And Stencils when I got home.





I have tried to blend the torn out picture from the leaflet in with the background using distress Inks and then some splatters over the whole page..


There are more pages to be done but since coming home at the weekend I haven't had much time, but I hope it inspires you to take a little kit with you where ever you travel.

Happy Crafting Holidays 

Thank you for stopping by from Sharon @ 7 Till 9 Crafting Time







7 comments:

  1. Love your journal cover and those fabulous pages! A great way to remember and in the coming weeks revisit your holiday . Great to see just what you can do without taking a huge amount of supplies ! Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post Sharon and fantastic photos, your journal will be a book of memories as you add to the contents.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant and having not long returned from France it is a very inspiring place ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments, and when I can I shall add more photos and drawings. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon,
    not sure if this is the right place to comment. I have just linked my entry for this month's Up up and Away with a twist . I am blown away by all the talented entries already up there!! must be tough being judges! best of luck with selecting the winner :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo, I came looking!
    Herzlich Petra-Pippa, who does not really know who is who, so I am happy to see your faces on this side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous journal and keepsake Sharon x TFS
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete